Arrrggghhh!

So I am having trouble with the man socks. I've started these socks so many different times. The cast on is too big, the cast on is too small, the pattern doesn't show well enough, the gauge is too loose, the gauge is too tight... and so on, and so on, and so on. A couple of days ago I had the perfect twisted 1x1 ribbing on the perfect yarn and it flowed just perfectly into the perfect manly pattern. (I am nothing if not all about the flow). But then a good friend of mine on Ravelry favorited a lovely new sock pattern. Which was exactly what I was starting with. So there's another no-go for you. Back to the drawing board as they say.

The good news is the cowl is finished and will be published tomorrow. I would just like to get some modeled pictures of it. The light today was horrible, but I did get a lovely shot in my light-box that shows all the gorgeous texture.

IMG_0446

Wish me perfect light and a willing model tomorrow. And some mojo for these man socks - 'cause I'm about ready to throw in the towel again!